Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the BIG things...

Wednesday 9 July 2014

The Daydreamer Shawl

Tah-da! 

My "Daydreamer Shawl" is finally finished, after a year (!) as a WIP....!


Some of you may remember my first excited post about this shawl, way back from last summer, and since then I have been pretty quiet about it..
I really loved working on this, but when I ran out of yarn it all came to a stall...

The project was put on hold in a basket, and before I knew it Christmas was right around the corner and all the gifts and preparations kind of stole my attention for like, uh...10 months?? 

Many new projects have been planned and finished during these months, and I forgot all about my lovely, fluffy Daydream lying there patiently in the basket...

One day I stumbled across it again, picked it up and decided to finish this before the summer. It was far to lovely to be stashed away like that! More yarn was bought, and I once again dived into the lovely lightblue ocean of fluffy silk and alpaca. And this time to finish it!!



My sister was so inspired  by my excitment for this shawl, so she started one for herself in a lovely dusty violet/grey shade. I can't wait to see this one finished as well. It will be lovely! 



Sister - shawls ❤️❤️



And I absolutely LOVE it just as much as I knew I would!!❤️❤️❤️

Again, I apologize for the photo overload, but I'm just so excited about this shawl. 



Soooo soft and light as a feather❤️

Close up...just as pretty❤️


The perfect accessory for chilly summernights. Big enought to really snuggle up in. So, so soft!! Did I tell you that I really, really love this yarn? Oh, yes, I guess I did a few times already. Very excited..:-)

I used one strand of Sandnes Alpaca Silk and one strand of Sandnes Silk Mohair and  a 5 mm crochet hook. 



Big and fluffy❤️❤️

Another close up....This pattern is really beautiful, and it looks much more complicated than it is. 
It is really very easy!

The pattern is a version of The Lion Brands free pattern "Southbay Shawlette", but, as I always do, some minor alterations have been done. The pattern can also be downloaded for free from Ravelry.
I must say, though,  that the photo in Lion Brands pattern does not serve this shawl justice, and if I had'nt found other lovely versions of this online I would not have been tempted to make this at all. I also made the shawl much bigger than the patterns suggests. I like my shawls to be big and snuggly!❤️❤️❤️



The last little detail: my little "signature" heart.❤️

 I may also  add some lace and beads to it as well, but right now I'm too busy wearing it, so any more adjustments will have to wait.



                                                     ❤️Live - Laugh - Love❤️











1 comment:

  1. I can really understand your exhitement for this shawl. I do love it to.
    Must be nice to snug under a cold summer evening og just wait untill fall comes.
    Have a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...