Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the BIG things...

Thursday 17 April 2014

Easter Joy

I LOVE Easter! I think this is my favourite Holiday - so full of HOPE  and LIFE  and COLOURS ❤️

This post is just a little round-up of some of the little things that have made me happy the last few weeks:


Pretty nostalgia:  Easter eggs and pastel coloured candy...


I made some crochet eggs in soft, muted pastels for a friend's birthday. Decoupage on the cartons transformed it from a dull and ordinary egg-carton to a vintage looking gift-box :-)




Crochet eggs in brighter colours for myself ❤️


Looking bright and happy on the kitchen shelf



I experimented with some eatible eggs, too, and found that using food colouring (for baking) in the water, either during or after boiling, gives the most amazing colour to the eggs. 




I made som breakfast rolls shaped  as little birdsnests, and placed a lightly boiled egg in each nest before baking them in the oven for about 10 minutes. 
The kids loved them ❤️


I also tried to make some Easter Bunnies, but I think they came out looking more like evil mice (!) then cute, little bunnies, but you get the idea.....



This little crochet bunny was a gift for my 3-year old niece. The pattern is my version of this one from the wonderful Green Dragonfly blog. 


...and one from the back with the cute, littele pom-pom tale :-)




Some more french macarons were made. I'm still a  little high on my success on making these, so right now this is my biggest cake-addiction....

Looking good on the tray, all dressed up and sprinkled for Easter....


Just a little taste before the cream filling was added...



...and even more pretty all finished with raspberry cream filling. 

This box was a little Easter gift for my wonderful sister-in-law  ❤️



These amazing eggs from Royal Copenhagen are such a joy to take out every Easter  ❤️ I have collected quite a few of these, and they are all small works of art. So beautifully painted - so precious ❤️




So beautiful....but I should have polished the silver top before I photographed it.....:-/


A small attempt on catching up on my big Moodblanket project...I should have known that this "one square a day" plan would be almost impossible to keep up with.....There's just too many exciting projects to work on....But I have not given up on this, and I will finish it!






One of my biggest "everyday pleasures": quiet and calm mornings, while the rest of the family are still asleep.
Just me, my coffee, some candlelight and my crochet. The BEST way to start a day ❤️


I'll end this little "parade of happiness" with some more flower photos. My garden is waking up again, and preparing for summer. I can't wait ❤️



Ranunculus - just can't get enough of them at the moment.  So beautiful  ❤️❤️❤️






Until next time....


                                   ❤️ Live - Love - Laugh ❤️

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...