Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the BIG things...

Monday 12 August 2013

The Forever Blanket

So, finally the "Forever Banket" is finished!
I have been working on this blanket in what feels like forever - hence the name...
I started knitting the squares when my youngest was a baby, since I at the time did not have the time nor the energy to start a more timeconsuming and complicated project. With 5 year old twins and a new baby in the house, some simple knitted squares from my scrap stash was all the crafting I could handle.....

I brought my knitting needles with me on every long car-ride and familytrip we went on, so the stack of squares slowly increased throught the years. My whole familiy developed some kind of relationship to these knitted squares in all kinds of colours, and my kids kept asking me when the blanket was going to be ready...

I kind of put off this big joining project for a long time, but when we bought our summerhouse last year and had finished renovating and furnishing this, I noticed that the colourscheme we had chosen for the interior was almost a perfect match to the majority of the squares I had made. 
This discovery put a rocket in my knitting fingers, and I quickly knitted up the remaining creme coloured squares I needed fo finish the blanket. 

So, finally: Tah-da!!! The Forever Blanket is ready to be snuggled with!  Filled with lovely and treasured memories from various family outings and holidays, and from blissed little coffeebreaks when the baby was napping.....❤

Big enough even to be used as an extra blanket in bed on cold nights - I'm sure we'll need it soon enough for that purpose...!



     

I just LOVE the colours

I made a row with single crochets on every patch, and then stiched them together one by one....
Tidious and fiddling work, but the satisfaction of seeing all these patches finally turning into a lovely blanket made it all worth it! 
The edging around the whole blanket is a few rows of single crochet and a simple picot edging. 
My Signature Heart is embroidered on one of the corner squares. A little crooked, byt never mind...It' s homemade


                    


It fits perfectly on our coach, but rarely ever get to stay there for very long before someone snatches it...

                    

In fact, this blanket turned out to be so popular in my family that I had to make another one real quick!

I still had quite a few squares in the right colours left in the box, but not enough scrap yarn to finish what was missing. So off I went on a search for some more yarn in the right colours. It turned out to be a rather difficult quest, since most of the colours were discontinued a long time ago...that's the way it goes when you use Forever to finish a project....
Ayway, I had to settle for some similar colours for blanket nr 2, and finished this in a matter of weeks, knitting like a maniac!

And then, there were two.....

                    

Perfect for chilly sunset evenings on the porch❤❤

                

So, we now have two snuggly blankets, but we are a family of five....
There are still quite a few knitted patches left in the box in all kinds of colours, so I guess the story continues... 


                                                       ❤ Live - Love - Laugh ❤
                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...