Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the BIG things...

Saturday 10 August 2013

New WIP bliss...

I'm only half way through my summervacation, which we at the moment spend at our summerhouse  enjoying  a much needed "slow living" break with the kids .
 And with sooo much time on my hands for crafting, my mind is now just boiling with ideas and creative buzzing!! It's almost too much, and I really have to make an effort to tear myself away from my yarn and patterns once in a while to spend some "quality-time" with my family....
I jump out of bed around 7 every morning (strange that it is never that easy to wake up on a work-day??), and enjoy some quiet hours on the porch with my coffee and my crochet before the rest of my noisy, lovely family wakes up.

I think I might have started on at least 5 (five!) new projects the last 2 weeks, and I am now  juggling all of them in an attempt to at least try to finish one before the everyday-stress catches up on me again....
My dear husband  is frowning when he spots yet another basket of yarn stacked away somewhere, but he has refrained from saying anything, knowing just too well that trying to stop me once I'm "in the flow" is not a good idea....

(Un-) fortunately there is a very nice yarn-shop right next door to my local grocery store here in "Vacation-land", and yesterday, on my way to buy something for the grill for dinner, my eyes spotted the most WONDERFUL light-blue fluffy dream of a mohair-silk yarn in the window...❤
These lovelies just had my name written all over their dreamy fluffiness, and before I could help myself I had bought 4 skeins of these, as well as 4 skeins of the softest Alpacca/Silk blend imagineable! A match made in heaven for a feather-weight, lacy, cosy-smozy shawl/wrap for chilly summernights.

 As mentioned before,  I have a serious "scarf-addiction", and my closet is already more than full of these snuggly, warm and comfortable pieces of fabric or knit... But, there is always room (and need!) for one more..They're just like shoes - there is just no way you can get enought scarfs og shoes!!

Inspired by my success with my "Strawberry Cheese Cake Shawl", I have been planning to make some more shawls for gifts, but first I need one more for myself...he, he
I have been looking for a more lacy pattern than the plain and simple one I made for the " Strawberry Cheesekae Shawl", and I think I found one that is just perfect! 
With  my new luxurious silk/mohair/alpacca love all ready and waiting, I could just dive into the challenge of a new pattern. I'm not really good at following patterns, and I usually wander off in my own way and the outcome is a mix of somebodyelses pattern and my own making, so I think'll tell you more about is pattern as soon as I have testet it some more...

This time I have tried, though, to follow the pattern so far... The main reason being that this yarn is almost impossible to undo if you make a mistake, and way too nice (and expensive!) to throw away on experimenting with patterns....

So, are you ready for some sneak peaks of what I think is to become my "Daydreamer Shawl"?
Here is one of the lovely, dreamy, fluffy yarn that started the whole "shawl-frenzy" all over again....


                         
 
Love at first sight It is impossible to resist, right?
The colour and the texture is even lovelier in real life ;airy light blue and sooooo soft!!

And here is the beginning of what I'm planning to make as a BIG and snuggly wrap...           
 
                         
 
                        

I promise I will post a link to the pattern and some more info about the yarn as soon as I know how this "adventure" will end...

Here is one last pic to set the mood to Pure Crochet Bliss : Iced Cappuccino, a rich and lovely handcream (a necessity when working with silk and mohair - every soft and delicate fibre sticks to your fingers....) and a new, lovely WIP. Happy ❤
 

                          


                                                     ❤  Live - Laugh - Love ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...